Our mission is to nurture the spiritual growth of our diverse, local, and global community, providing a living bridge between traditional Tibetan Buddhist teachings and curious people everywhere.
- We offer classes, retreats, and on-going programs for adults, children and teens.
- We draw from ancient and modern wisdom to teach life skills useful to everyone — kindness, presence, and rewarding connections to family and friends.
- We offer authentic teachings from the Indian and Tibetan Buddhist traditions, whose ancient wisdom still flows to us today. We share that wisdom in ways that make sense to people in the 21st century, regardless of nationality, race, or position in life.
- We are a close and supportive community. We practice and talk together, celebrate and mourn together.
- We serve Asian Buddhist communities as well through our translation and preservation of Tibetan writing and oral teachings.
We need a stable home to share all this with you. Please help us grow together.
A Home of Our Own
Dawn Mountain offers teachings in Houston and online worldwide.
We nurture a committed cohort of students – sharing classic Buddhist teachings as well as fresh Buddhist practices that come to us through Anne and Harvey’s uniquely close relationship with Ad.zom Rinpoche and Jetsunma Khacho Wangmo – helping to translate their teachings and practices for a Western audience.
We have made this happen in rented spaces but our growing community needs and is ready to create a new home of our own in Houston.
So we ask for your help. We wholeheartedly believe that as friends and members of Dawn Mountain we are in a position to raise the funds needed to obtain a property that will secure our near-term future and move us toward Ad.zom Rinpoche’s ultimate vision for Dawn Mountain.
We seek to raise at least $400,000 by the end of 2018 as the bedrock phase of this effort.