Seeking Digital Manager
Dawn Mountain’s Digital Manager must be an energetic and informed technophile AND have the emotional intelligence to recruit, train, manage, and support a diverse and dynamic team of volunteers. Specific knowledge of current digital broadcasting technology is not required as long as the candidate is willing and able to acquire this knowledge quickly. Likewise, experience in a non-profit dharma center is not required, but the candidate should have some familiarity with the not-for-profit realm and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills. Finally, the DM Digital Manager will be required to work disparate and flexible hours, including but not limited to Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings, and will need to work through weekend retreats several times a year. Like any small non-profit, Dawn Mountain seeks a true “team player” who can handle periods of high demand with grace and equanimity.
- Direct Dawn Mountain’s broadcasting operation:
- Manage live teachings from Houston and/or remote locations streamed simultaneously on Zoom and YouTube.
- Produce (edit) and archive recorded teachings according to established standards to maximize ease of future access.
- Recruit, train and manage Dawn Mountain’s team of volunteer broadcasters, with special attention to ensuring that these volunteers can also benefit from the teachings at Dawn Mountain without feeling overwhelmed or stressed by their broadcasting duties.
- Communicate systematically with online students to share broadcast links, instructions, and appropriate support material.
- Act as line producer of Dawn Mountain’s teachings and retreats for students who are actually in the room. (Manage all AV conditions, especially sound.)
- Check and maintain all DM A/V equipment and processes, accessing professional tech support as necessary, to ensure daily and overall quality of broadcast material.
- Work with DM staff, board, and co-founders to market online material and manage student applications for restricted courses.
- Work with DM staff, board, and co-founders to curate Dawn Mountain’s website, Google AdWords campaigns, and social media presences – specifically with regard to online teaching content.
Reports to executive director and co-founders
Hours: Full-time flexible – 35 hours / week including Sundays
Location, Houston, TX, 77045
Salary: $50,000 / year
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to