Horizon Initiative 2021
The Horizon Initiative is our fundraising platform both to continue and extend Dawn Mountain’s mission to bring the dharma to curious people everywhere. Your support drives three 3 primary goals:
- Complete our renovation and move into Skylit Temple.
- Maintain and expand our technology infrastructure for world-wide, interactive broadcasting capability.
- Support and expand our current teachings and services
The Horizon Initiative is built upon 3 pillars:
- Respect – Out of respect for our sangha’s giving, we are asking earlier in the year in order that sangha members may better plan their giving. Please know that your decision to support Dawn Mountain may be in the form of a payment or pledge. If you pledge, you would, of course, communicate your intended payment schedule for the year.
- Stewardship – By understanding when our sangha intends to pay their pledge, we can better steward your gifts for Dawn Mountain’s financial planning. Every organization must strategically plan its fiscal year and manage its finances for maximum impact. Your pledge helps us accomplish this important goal.
- Yes – Most importantly, it allows us to say “yes” to high impact opportunities. When a great opportunity or need arises whether it be broadcast capability, capital improvements, or bringing other assets to our sangha, knowing the financial landscape allows us to say yes, rather than wait until the end of the year to seize upon excellent opportunities.
In short, our philanthropic philosophy is grounded in Respect, Stewardship, and Saying Yes. It is through your support of this philosophy that we deliver upon our core values of Compassion, Community, Tradition, and Transformation, and provide them for our sangha and beyond.
On behalf of the Dawn Mountain Development Committee and the entire Dawn Mountain Board of Directors, and with the express gratitude of Lamas Rigzin Drolma and Namgyal Dorje, we deeply appreciate your continued support.
As Always, In Service and Stewardship,
Co-Chair Development Committee
Co-Chair Development Commitee
Dawn Mountain is a 510c3-not-for profit organization relying upon broad and substantial philanthropic support to balance our budget and your gift is greatly appreciated to bring our mission to fruition. Your gift is tax deductible.